By Mike Garrison
Press Release from 702 RC Raceway:
The Tamiya Championship Series will be in Las Vegas next week, April 22.
We have ONE week before the TCS series will be here at the 702 RC Raceway facility in Las Vegas. We are encouraging all drivers who owns Tamiya cars to come out and have fun. We have received lots of interest for this race and the everyone is looking forward to a fun time with the Tamiya products.
Lets go over some details:
- This race is only for Tamiya cars.
- This TCS Race is free to all Tamiya Drivers. Please go to https://www.rccarevents.com/event.cfm?id=2649 and register for free and also receive a free T-Shirt when you do.
- The TCS series primarily runs 7 different classes within its product line.
The 2017 classes are:
- M-Chassis (21.5 brushless power)
- F-1 (25.5 brushless power)
- GT-2 (17.5 brushless power)
- GT-1 (13.5 brushless power)
- GT-Spec Novice (Mabuchi motor. This class is for your novice racers)
- GT PRO Spec This is a class aimed at ANY skill level hobbyist looking for a Low-Cost Spec racing class. It also allows Novices to grow with their TT-02 car and it keeps things fun at a low cost for experienced hobbyists.
- Euro Semi-Truck (box stock) This is a pure box stock class aimed for new and veteran hobbyists while keeping the class cheap and fun.
Rules can be found here: https://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/rules.php#.WOgdoqK1uUk
- Thursday, April 20, Track Layout Change after Off Road practice
- Friday, April 21, all day practice for the Tamiya Race. Doors open at 12 noon, and close at 9pm.
- Saturday, April 22, TCS Race. Doors open at 8am, Concourse Show at 11am and racing starts at 12noon.
- Award Ceremony and podium pictures immediately following mains.
NOTE: We still have a few TA-07’s, TT-02’s and Mini Cooper’s on sale for this event. But its never too late to get in any kit you want.