This time we will change the concept of technical support, offering it worldwide, customized and free, for all JQ Products clients through the internet. Many times racers can get lost with so many setup sheets to try and so many settings to change.
Even if you find a setup sheet that makes your car good for a track, maybe that setup doesn't fit your driving style. That's why we offer the "Send us a video and we set your car up" service, to make setups fully customized to the driver requesting it. This service will be to help you set up your cars, and tune your engines.
WHO CAN USE IT?
Do you drive THECar or THE Engine? Then you are welcome. We will set THECar up for you and help you tune THE Engine if needed.
HOW TO USE IT FOR CAR'S SETUP?
Very simple, just film a video with two or three laps of YOU driving YOUR car, upload it to youtube or vimeo and then post it in this thread.
Here you have a sample of what we want to see:
Then we need the setup sheet you are using in the video, including, clutch, tires, oils and brand, everything. Make sure you fill it well. You can upload it as PDF or JPG here on rctech, when you post your video.
Find the blank set up sheet here:
And finally tell us what you need to change on your car, for example: "My car oversteers, like at 1:13 in the video / My car bounces too much as seen at 0:45 in the video"
HOW TO USE IT FOR ENGINE TUNING?
We need a video to tune your engine properly, so please, film a video following these steps:
1. Start your engine and let it warm up to about 100ºC. Best is to drive it for a few laps. Then let it idle for a five seconds.
2. Press full throttle till the engine reaches 50% of its rpm. Stop accelerating.
3. When the engine returns again to its normal idle accelerate again to the maximum rpm for 1 or 2 seconds. If you don't accelerate completely, we won't be able to help you right.
4. Then let the engine idle for 15 seconds, and punch the throttle all the way, and keep full throttle for 2 seconds.
5. Repeat the process one more time.
That's all, lets begin! Let's all help each other improve our cars and engines!