By Mike Garrison
Announcement from the Champion Touring Series:
It has been a fun 3 Seasons for CTS and as 2019 approaches, CTS4 will be the most exciting season yet!
The new platform will be an Exhibition Series with no points chase and is happening across the USA. 12th Scale and Pro 10 will be an addition to the series due to the popular demand in pan car. The Spec Tire for TC will be ELEXIS while USGT uses Gravity mesh wheel radial tires and F1 with Pan Cars are open tire.
There is also a new racing format which entails 1 seeding round and 3 qualifiers using IFMAR qualifying with rocket round on Saturday. On Sunday, racers that make the A-Main will have three chances to win a trophy for the exhibition round including the top Qualifier. The vision for this season is to bring the platform across the country versus racing only in California. This breeds more RC racing and will grow the hobby.
Champion Touring Series would like to welcome the new tracks below for the 2019 schedule as follows.
- Round 1 "Season Opener" Jan. 18-20 - 702 Raceway Las Vegas NV
- Round 2 "Lion's Den" Feb. 22-24 - TQ Hobbies Chino Ca
- Round 3 "War In The Wild" March 22-24 - N-Control Raceway Dale TX
- Round 4 "Dragon's Lair" April 5-7 - Valakria Raceway Valkaria FL
- Round 5 "Steel Vengeance" May 3-5 - Steel City Speedway Fontana CA
- Round 6 "SeaSide Fury" June 21-23 - Seatac Raceway Seattle WA
- Round 7 "Melt Down" The Finals Aug 23-25 - Speedworld Raceway Roseville CA