CLASH OF CLUBS” is an epic battle between three clubs: Southside Raceway, Chehaw Raceway and Capital City Raceway. It is a 6 Race Series with 2 races held at each race track. In addition to individual competition like most series, the main battle will be between each club.The race will be split into individual classes like a typical series and any racer can participate, regardless of whether they are a club member or not.
Series awards will be given out to the Top 5 in each of the following classes:
• Pro Nitro Buggy
• Intermediate Nitro Buggy
• Pro EBuggy
• Intermediate EBuggy
• 40+ EBuggy
• Open Nitro Truggy
• Open Etruggy
• Open 4wd SCT
In addition to individual competition, the main battle will be between each club.
Scoring for this will be as follows:
• Each club will designate 1 driver for each of the 8 classes above. Eight drivers are needed from each club.
• Each club driver chosen MUST be a club member and not picked up just for the purpose of this event. All exceptions and questionable racers will be discussed between the series advisory board.
• For the 2019 Series, the advisory board are the following:
Brian Lewis (Southside)
Chris Giraldo (Captial City Raceway)
Steve Danford (Chehaw Raceway)
• Any driver may race in as many classes as He/She wishes but can only be designated in 1 of the 8 classes for the team scoring.
• The club roster must be turned in by Thursday at noon the week of the race.
• The club roster can change from race to race but once it has been turned in, it is set for that race.
• The roster will include all 8 drivers for each class and then an alternate for each class. The alternate is designed to protect the entry in case the primary driver for a class fails to show up.
• Each week, the highest 7 finishes of the 8 classes will count. At the end of the 6 races, the team with the highest point total at the end of the series is declared, “CLUB CHAMPION”.
• Scoring for both Individual and Club are as follows:
TQ - 5 Point Bonus
1st - 100 Points
2nd - 99 Points
3rd - 98 Points
4th ---- - Decreases a point each position
There are NO drops for the club competition. however, for the individual scoring, the lowest point finish will be dropped.
In the event a race cannot be held due to weather or another reason, the advisory board will try and determine a make-up date. If no date is available, the race can be cancelled and not counted.
Each entry is a flat rate of $20. $15 of each entry is given to the host track to help cover expenses. The remaining $5 is held for end of the year awards and to help pay for any expenses incurred.
Each track is required to provide a race director unless the advisory board can find and hire a series director. If a series director is chosen, the $2-$3 per entry that would be paid to such director would come out of the $15 being paid to the track.