By Aaron Waldron
New from XRAY:
The XB2 is typically XRAY–premium, professional, high competition R/C car for the most demanding racers, developed with attention to the smallest details and backed by premium service & support…a luxury masterpiece.
At some of the world’s most competitive off-road race – the USA National Championship, it was the XRAY’s Ty Tessmann who brought the first USA National Champion title for the XB2 platform using some of the prototypes of the new 2018 parts. Tested and successfully run in the highest competition races now you can enjoy the winning platform.
Made in Europe.
Designed, developed, and fully manufactured in-house at the XRAY factory in Slovakia, Europe, using the most high-tech German and Swiss machines and premium European materials, crafted with XRAY's legendary attention to detail by our artistic production specialists. The XB2 is truly a masterpiece.
Designed in virtual reality using the world's most sophisticated CAD tools, and manufactured using the world's best machining and molding machinery, the XB2 achieves a level of premium perfection in all details that is second to none.
- Recent USA Champion platform
- Special-design 2.5mm thick chassis has strategically-milled areas to ensure proper stiffness – either stiff or soft – in all areas.
- Shorter front composite chassis front brace allows mounting of the new graphite side guard braces for adjustable front chassis flex
- Graphite chassis side guard braces give increased stability and performance
- Narrower suspension holders with new rear suspension geometry improves rear traction
- Narrower gear box to mount the new narrow suspension holders
- Gear differential with new diff-outdrives now designed to use with new 2.5mm pin. The new stronger diff outdrives are the result of a new hardening process that increases lifetime and reliability.
- Drive shafts with 2.5mm drive pins for increased drivetrain efficiency
- New 4.5mm off-set wheel hex hubs to compensate for the new narrow suspension holders
- Higher-precision shock absorber lower shims for more precise shock shaft movement
See the beautiful presentation of the new XB2C 2018 at www.teamxray.com/xb2c/2018/en/