New Tamiya 1/18-scale King Yellow 6WD School Bus
Friday, Oct 6, 2017 01:07pm
By Aaron Waldron
New from Tamiya America:
Tamiya 1/18 R/C King Yellow 6x6 (G6-01)
Public Sales Date: 01/20/18
The King Yellow is a 6x6 six-wheeled R/C vehicle ready to pound dirt, asphalt lots and neighborhood streets across the country! It is the second kit of the series, where the Kong Head first made its appearance. The model utilizes a gear-driven 6WD chassis which is partially derived from the capable Tamiya GF-01 wheelie machine. The exceptional drive it provides will make for extreme fun while off-road driving. Furthermore, its powerful gear-driven setup allows the King Yellow to take on slope inclines of up to 40 degrees!
The polycarbonate body is inspired by school buses seen taking children to schools across the USA. It includes separate parts to complete the vehicles intricate details.
- R/C model assembly kit. Length: 478mm, width: 270mm, height: 239mm, wheelbase: 173mm + 126mm.
- The 6WD chassis employs 3 differential gears to transmit power from the front-center-mounted motor to all of the model's wheels. These differentials are encased in the durable main chassis.
- 6-wheel independent double-wishbone suspension is paired with friction dampers.
- Brand-new polycarbonate body inspired by the classic school bus.
- The kit manual build creates a front wheel-steering model. It also includes instructions to re-assemble it into a 4WS model with steerable rear wheels. NOTE: Separately-sold 4WS function transmitter and R/C equipment are required.
- Compatible with many GF-01 chassis Hop Up Option and spare parts.
- Requires 2-channel radio, servo, ESC, & 7.2volt battery with charger.
- Requires Tamiya Polycarbonate spray paint to paint the body. (sold separately)