By Mike Garrison
Press Release from Serpent:
New Cobra GT 3.1 Team Edition
Serpent introduces the updated version of the Cobra GT. The Cobra GT is a very popular choice in this class with superb performance and being known as a very durable car too. Time to add some extra refinement.
The Cobra GT is sensitive on the shock-angle and position both front and rear and that have been fine-tuned even more. The new version aluminum shock extensions in the front and rear are a bit longer than before, as testing showed a good increase in handling. The new super-durable carbon fibre shocktowers and new upper hardcoated alu shockmounts make things perfect.
The brake of the new Serpent SRX8 1/8 buggy bolts straight into the Cobra GT and is more effective with its steel diskbrakes and pre-glued brake pads. A smoother brake feel, less fading if any and easy to maintain.
The Cobra GT 3.1 version gets the most popular shock springs as standard, and same goes for the ball raced anti-roll bars and shock and diff oils.
Main NEW features:
- SRX8 brake-set and aluminum center brackets
- Carbon shock towers in 4.5mm enabling new front and rear geometry
- New version shock extension front and rear in 7075 T6 aluminum
- New type hard coated aluminum shock mounts front and rear
- Silver front and rear black springs for the big bore shocks
- Anti-roll bar 2.3 front and 2.7 rear