By Mike Garrison
Press Release from Schelle Racing:
New products release today for the new B6.1 and B6.1D Buggy!
First is the B6.1 Nova Buggy Lockout Set. Get more power and accelerate harder out of the turns. Clear that jump you've be struggling to get over! The Schelle lockout might be the answer you've been looking for . The B6.1 version is a new V2 design with screw-on spur gears. It's easier to assemble, and works with both the B6.1 kit topshaft OR the short direct drive topshaft.
The Nova Buggy Lockout Set is a direct connection of the motor to the tires. Pure racers like to remove the kit slipper clutch and go with direct drive (we call it "lockout"). With lower weight and no slip, maximum power goes to the tires. The Lockout Buggy Set sheds weight down to a bare minimum 2.3 grams while keeping the tried and true Nova Spur gears (4.6 grams total including the spur gear). A 69 tooth and 72 tooth Nova Spur gear are included for all the tuning options a racer could need for tight or wide-open layouts.
Nova Lockout Features:
- 2.3 grams of CNC Aluminum plus 0.6 grams for mount screws.
- Includes 69 and 72 spur gears. Special blend Nova Spur Gears are strong, true round, and quiet running.
- Everything you need is included to work with the kit top shaft, nothing else to buy. Easy to assemble!
- Direct fit to the B6.1, B6.1D only. Does not fit the older B6 and B5M models (see SCH1303).
The B6.1 5mm Gull tower is intended to be the most durable carbon fiber front tower on the market. We went with premium 5mm Carbon Fiber made in the USA, matched the kit locations and tower guard so this tower will be the choice of racers looking to add toughness to their B6.1 buggies. The Team Associated designers followed our lead from the B6 series and removed the outer shock mount hole to increase durability for the B6.1 series.
B6.1 5mm Gull Tower Features:
- 5mm Carbon Fiber, Made in the USA.
- Short outer ears, fits kit plastic tower guard. Plastic tower guard covers optional wing mount locations.
- Schelle design with option hole for Schelle upper wing mount (both 4mm and 5mm thickness).
- Fits B6.1 and B6.1D with Gull Front Arms
Finally, a direct bolt-on to B6.1D kit, the Low CG Rear Tower lowers the shocks for a low CG and more predictable rear suspension. The Schelle Low CG rear tower sits 2mm lower to the ground, and also gives racers the fine adjustment with tight hole spacing. 4.0mm thick, made in the USA, this part is a direct bolt-on to the B6.1D. The images above show a side-by-side comparison with the Associated kit "tall" tower.
B6.1D Low CG tower features:
- 4.0 mm carbon fiber for stiffness and durability. Made in the USA.
- Tight spaced upper shock mount holes for fine-tuning.
- Lower shocks by 2mm for more consistent cornering feel.
- More droop and better rear grip than the taller kit tower.
- For use with B6.1D and 31mm Shock Bodies, also fit B6.1 with option 31mm bodies