By Mike Garrison
Press Release from Schelle Racing:
3 new products are available now for Team Associated 6.1 series 2wd and 1 for the B64 series 4wd.
First we have 2 standoff sets which are the latest incarnation of our aluminum design in black anodize. These sets utilize our popular machined delrin pivot balls. Sold in complete sets of 4 pcs with standoffs and pivot balls, there is a B6.1 series and also a special B64 version for the Team Associated B64 and B64D with the 2mm Short Wheelbase Modification. The B64 rear standoffs are Extra Tall, no spacing required, and 30mm mount screws are included. One package outfits the entire car with 2 short front and 2 B6.1 or B64 extra-tall rear standoffs.
- CNC machined and black anodized aluminum, these shock standoffs have a wide base to prevent shock mount screws from bending.
- B64 Rear standoff length edited for improved shock angle relative to the rear arm when running shocks forward in front of the tower.
- Reduced end play of the shock cap.
- The standoffs tighten using a 5.5 mm hex nut driver.
- Shock caps pivot on a replaceable machined bushing which has a shoulder to prevent binding.
- Package includes 2 short front, 2 long standoffs, 4 bushings.
- Fits 6.1 series OR B64 series.
- SCH1076 is the part number for the 4-pack of replacement metric M3 pivot bushings that fit Associated B6.1 series big-bore shocks.
Along with the shock standoffs we have the black aluminum battery strap hex nuts, $5.00 for 2 pcs to give your car the complete “blackout” effect.
Lastly for Nova Slipper customers, there is the optional Lockout parts set which includes the lightweight adapter and mount screws to change from a slipper clutch to a ultra-light direct drive all while keeping the kit top-shaft.