By Mike Garrison
New from Arndtcraft:
New Release - Tekno EB410 Extreme Cool motor cooling fan shroud and carbon fiber diff brace
Incorporating an existing proven design for the Tekno chassis, posed a couple unique challenges.
The goal was simple...
- Take the popular B64, XB4, and YZ4SF design, and model for fitment to the Tekno chassis.
- Body fitment for both stock Tekno, as well as Jconcepts. (Only two confirmed at this point)
- 30mm fan fitment for both 10mm and 15mm thickness.
- Allow for motor solder tab clearance, in multiple motor positions.
- And lastly, design to maintain equal price point.
- Attempt every way possible to use the stock and aftermarket diff braces available.
With the aftermarket diff brace options having their own fan mount (shroud less design), this was an obvious obstacle. A new diff brace was modeled for use with or without the Extreme Cool fan shroud, and is necessary for mounting the fan shroud. This is an extra cost for those who already run the aftermarket braces, but I feel the increased total cost, is small in comparison to the cooling and efficiency benefit of running with the shrouded cooling, over an open fan.
*Pictured is an early SLA prototype fan shroud. Production fan shrouds are std black Nylon SLS manufactured parts, as always.*
Available on Arndtcraft.com