By Tyler Hooks
Press Release from Schumacher:
After the successful reintroduction into LMP12 Racing with the Eclipse after a 35 year break, Schumacher are pleased to offer the latest incarnation, the Eclipse 2. The Eclipse 2 has been refined over two seasons of hard racing to provide you with a faster, more durable, easier to work on platform. The Eclipse 2 uses full Carbon Fibre chassis components, with high quality engineering polymer mouldings throughout, all refined for the upcoming carpet season.
- Adjustment of Centre Pivot with short option for added rotation.
- Top deck adjustment of chassis flex, offering better stability and pace in high traction.
- Tweak free battery mounting using O-ring fixing.
- Entirely redesigned front end, using all new geometry for better performance.
- Improved front end durability and robustness.
- Twist free rear pod layout with new side link mounting points.
- Simpler build, with much less maintenance required to maintain maximum performance.
- Low profile aluminium servo mounts.
- Improved rear ride height adjuster tolerances.
- Full length carbon fibre chassis for increased cornering predictability.
- Fully adjustable front end (track width, ride height, toe out, camber, caster, damping, bump steer, ackermann).
- Lightweight ball differential with carbon axle and true thrust race.
- Rotationally balanced left rear wheel clamp.
- Lightweight independent roll and bump springs with low centre of gravity.
- Ultra-low motor position.
- Lightweight low centre of gravity CNC alloy rear transmission housings.