By Mike Garrison
New from Novarossi:
NEW MEPHISTO.21 OFF-ROAD
4 port square stroke 1/8-scale nitro engine
- Front and rear steel ball baerings MEPHISTO.21 OFF/A
- Rear ceramic and front steel MEPHISTO.21 OFF/H
- Rear cover: The rear cover presents a round shape to optimize the filling and reducing the dead spaces. the steel plate is to reduce friction and to expand the lifespan of the conrod.
- Sleeve: The sleeve has 4 transfer ports to supply a linear power output and to keep fuel consumption low.
- Crankshaft: The crankshaft is manufactured with a larger bore intake to increase the mixture flow and has a special shape to optimise gas-flows in the engine. The durability has been significantly improved with the DLC coating.
- Combustion chamber: The combustion chamber is supported by an O-Ring which is placed between the combustion chamber and the crankcase to reduce the vibrations of the combustion chamber.
- Rear ball bearing: The rear ball bearing has high quality ceramic balls to minimize wear and inertia to improve acceleration and fuel consumption.
- Conrod: New R4/18 conrod, redesigned and made with a special aluminum alloy that allows it to have a high resistance while maintaining the lightness and performance of the previous R4/17.
- Carburetor: The three tuning needles gives a better idle and improves the ability of the engine to return to low rpm after throttling.
- Cooling head: New head, redesigned to improve the flow of air and thus increase cooling and ensuring an optimal center of gravity.
- Displacement: 3,49 cc
- R.P.M. (max power): 36.500 RPM
- Bore x stroke: 16,42x16,42 mm
- Sleeve: 4 ports
- Rear ball bearings: ceramic
- Front ball bearings: steel
- Crankshaft: 14 mm - turbo - DLC
- Carburetor: plastic - 9 mm - slide
- Glowplug: Turbo (CTO6)
- Exhaust position: rear
- Starting: standard
- Weight: 365 g
- Fuel type: 25% nitro