By Tyler Hooks
Press Release from Schumacher Racing:
Schumacher Racing are pleased to announce our new Competition 1/10th 2WD Off Road car the Cougar Laydown. The Cougar Laydown is lower, lighter, easier to maintain, and faster! It is a very versatile platform, with outstanding performance on a wide range of grip levels, carpet, astro and dirt.
The Laydown has been developed by the Schumacher Engineering and Racing team who have won multiple international races, including the prestigious EOS series. That race winning knowledge and experience has been applied to every detail of the Laydown’s design to make a fast, easy to drive, and user friendly 2WD buggy that can take you to the top of the podium.
- New 3 gear, low centre of gravity sealed gearbox.
- New Small, low rotating mass transmission, including gear differential. With 3 position height adjustment, to adjust for driveshaft plunge and mixed track conditions. Optional ball diff available.
- New Easy access transmission system, for quick diff access and maintenance.
- New 2.5mm aluminium chassis, with sensor lead wiring channels.
- New Screw Piston Fixing, with titanium nitride shafts, for easy build, precision and durability.
- New Dual position radio equipment mounting plate.
- New Front shock tower cover to protect your car and the track.
- New Lightweight steel CVD driveshafts.
- New Low drop wing mount.
- New Lightweight lower spring retaining cup.
- New Rear wishbone geometry.
- New Inboard Toe Inserts.
- New Adjustable rear roll centre, inboard toe-in and anti-squat.
- New Rear transmission mounted pivot strap. Increased chassis clearance.
- New Threaded spring collars, for better location and adjustment.
- New Spur Gear Shield.
- New Cable management system.
Come and join us in our Facebook Live presentation with Schumacher's Development Engineer Tristram Neal.
19.00 GMT 25/03/2019
Availability Estimate - Mid April 2019
Pre-Orders being taken
K180 - Cougar Laydown - Kit
Dedicated Webpage - http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Car_Showroom/Cougar_Laydown.html