By Mike Garrison
Press Release from Schelle Racing:
RC8B3.1 2-Row Carbon Rear Tower, Ebuggy Battery Spacer, and 10th Scale Onyx Plus 3-Gear Bearing Set
2 new products release today for Team Associated 8th Buggy, and then 1 for 10th electric racers.
First is the RC8B3.1 2-Row Carbon Rear Tower. Developed for both electric and nitro RC8B3.1 series buggies, the 2-Row Carbon Rear Tower has a 2nd upper row of mount holes to move the entire shock when running Low Roll Center on the rear hubs (the hinge pin close to the rear axle, commonly called "hubs down"). Shifting the shock along with the axle height on the rear hinge pin gives the advantage of more up-travel. In bumpy conditions on hard cornering, the additional travel helps the tires to navigate the surface without bottoming the shock and upsetting the chassis. The lower row of holes matches the kit geometry and is intended for running in the HRC axle height on the rear hub.
1. 2nd upper row of shock mounts to keep the same geometry for running LRC "hubs down".
2. Made from quality 4mm thickness 100% carbon fiber.
3. No pockets prevents de-lamination.
4. Larger hole spacing increases durability.
5. Fits RC8B3.1, 3.1e, and older RC8B3 versions.
Secondly, the eBuggy 10mm Battery Spacer and Wall is a secure substitute to adjust eBuggy weight bias for Associated, Mugen, and XRAY eBuggys. Sold as a front cell spacer, or a set with an added rear wall, racers can modify their battery box to centralize the weight of the heavy 4s battery on the chassis. Get more grip exiting turns with this setup! Some modification required, instruction included.
eBuggy Cell Spacer and Wall:
1. 3-D Printed Hoop Design shifts weight back closer to 50-50
2. Spacer screws down into the battery box from the top, won’t compress or shift and is easily removable.
3. Optional SCH1440 Set includes rear wall for a secure screw-in stop between the battery and ESC.
Lastly, the Onyx Plus (Onyx + Ceramic) bearing series for those on a budget has a gearbox set with Ceramic 5x10mm for the high RPM topshaft and idler, then Onyx oiled 10x15mm on the differential. This is a great value for racers on a budget wanting a specialty bearing set for their Associated, TLR, Kyosho, or Yokomo 2wd.