By Tyler Hooks
Press Release from Serpent:
The S120 pro is a revolutionary innovative 1/12th scale car design based on the F110 SF4. After the huge success of the F110 SF4, The step to develop a 1/12th scale car on the same platform was logical. The focus was to make the car easy to work on and durable without sacrificing performance.
We proudly present another Masterpiece of innovation and performance. Enjoy the assembly and feel the difference at the racetrack.
New innovative design for the rear pod with side bearings in linear guides replacing the sidelinks. With a traditional sidelink design, designers use long side links to have the relative roll movement between pod and chassis as linear as possible. But no matter how long the links are, there is always a longitudinal component in the roll motion. With the new side-bearing design, the roll motion is completely linear and independent thus the cornering is completely independent from accelerating or braking. While it doesn’t change much on the mid corner handling of the car, this gives an unprecedented consistency and stability at corner entry when the braking and steering input overlaps and at corner exit when the throttle is applied before the steering is
- Longitudinal or Transverse Battery Mounting
- Full Strength Topdeck to Prevent Longitudinal Flex
- 1 Screw to Remove the Lipo
- Easily Accessible Front Suspensiond
- Double Short Tube Rear Roll Damping Design
- New Ultra LCG Rear Pod
- New Shims to Adjust Ride Height and Wheelbase
- New Balldiff
- Keyed Bulkheads to Avoid Tweak Issues
- New Bigger Diameter Shocks