By Tyler Hooks
Press Release from Inertia Screws:
Introducing an industry first – Tungsten screws
- Inertia Tungsten alloy is 225% heavier than steel, 200% heavier than brass, and 150% heavier than lead.
- Inertia’s Proprietary Tungsten Alloy screws weigh in at an impressive 4.3 grams per 5x - 6mm screws vs 1.8 grams for standard steel screws.
- Yield's a 3.5 gram net gain per 5x screws used - at the lowest place in the car.
- Yield can be even greater if you use 8mm in place of 6mm screws where possible.
- Frees up valuable space on top of the chassis.
- Gives greater ability to place electronics and weight exactly where you want them.
- Can also be useful to tune the vehicle, with weight bias. This is done by easily by isolating the Inertia Tungsten Screws to one area of the car.
There are a select few ways to increase corner speed; one of which is to lower the Center of Gravity in your car - or simply placing weight as low as you can. Inertia Tungsten screws put the most weight at, the lowest possible point, the bottom of the chassis.
"Simply switching a car over to Tungsten screws allows for more corner speed, and faster laps."
Lastly, our Tungsten Screws have been tested against several brands of steel screws. The team have found that they've outlasted steel screws (head deformation) and did not deform like some steel screws can over time. This is due to Inertia's proprietary Tungsten Alloy formula.
- Available in M3 and 4-40 sizes.
- Sold in 2 quantities - 3 and 10 pieces.