By Aaron Waldron
Press release from Tekno RC:
TKR5507 SCT410.3 1/10th 4WD Competition Short Course Truck
Tekno RC is proud to announce the newest revision to our stable of innovative RC vehicles The SCT410.3 1/10th 4x4 Competition Short Course Truck. The SCT410.3 is an updated version of the original SCT410 with a slew of new parts and improvements. The SCT410.3 leapfrogs over the 4x4 SC competition in terms of performance, durability, and value. We have our customers' best interests at heart so there is a clear path to simply upgrade your original SCT410. But there's nothing like a fresh new kit that goes together like butter so pick up the SCT410.3 race kit and unleash it on the competition!
With the SCT410.3, we wanted to improve performance and increase value to the customer without increasing the price or compromising on the great qualities of the original. To do this, we went through the entire platform and made changes accordingly.
SCT410.3 New Features and Improvements:
- The diffs feature smoother gears and a new 1-piece composite diff cross pin.
- The old steel driveshaft has been replaced with a new tapered aluminum design.
- All of the outdrives and couplers are now lightened.
- Angled rear gearbox with larger bearings is now standard.
Results: dramatically reduced rotating mass, improved acceleration and efficiency.
- All new front and rear suspension geometry.
- New reduced height front and rear shock towers.
- New V2 hinge pin brace system for incredible adjustability.
- New front arms feature a flat bottom for increased durability and clearance.
- New rear arms feature the flat bottom but are also 4mm longer.
- New rear hubs with reduced offset to match the longer rear arms.
- New longer rear sway bar.
- New clamping spring perches with captured shock boots.
- New droop adjustment screws are now standard.
Results: lower CG, increased adjustability, increased stability, and increased consistency.
Weight, Durability, and other Improvements:
- Lightened black anodized 4mm CNC chassis is now standard.
- Aluminum pivot balls throughout.
- Aluminum suspension and spindle bushings are now standard.
- New lighter camber link rod ends and turnbuckles.
- LCG Lightened Motor mount is now standard.
- M5 stub axles are now standard.
- Split center diff mount makes maintenance a breeze.
- Lightened metal clamping 12mm wheel hexes are now standard.
- Revised front bumper increases ground clearance.
- Larger 6x13x5mm (vs. 6x12x4mm) outer wheel bearings front and rear increases durability.
- Spindles feature adjustable stops for more precise steering control.
- Compatibility with existing parts and options.
Results: lower CG, improved handling, improved acceleration, andimproved durability.
As you can see, the changes are extensive and meticulous. This provides our customers with the best handling 4x4 SC kit that also happens to be the best value on the market.
Part #: TKR5507
Desc: SCT410.3 1/10th 4WD Competition Short Course Truck
Available: April 2015