By Aaron Waldron
Race report from Adam Drake:
This past weekend Thunder Alley Raceway hosted round 5 of Southern California's Grassroots Racing Series. The event had over 170 entries. Adam Drake was victorious in the expert nitro buggy class followed by Anthony Westergaard, and Steve Harris.
Products used by Adam Drake
- Mugen Seiki MBX8 buggy.
- O.S. Speed B21 Adam Drake engine, 2090 O.S. Pipe, and P3 gold glow plug.
- Pro-Line Holeshot (M3), Velocity wheels, and Trifecta lexan wing.
- Futaba 7PX radio system.
- Protek 170SBL servo, 170TBL servos, 680 charger.
- Flash Point 30% fuel, 2500mah receiver and transmitter battery.
- TrakPower and ProTek RC accessories.
*Big Shawn won the 40+ nitro buggy class with his O.S. powered Mugen Seiki MBX8 nitro buggy.