Italian GT12 Series R5 results
Tuesday, Jul 24, 2018 10:47am
By Tyler Hooks
Race report from Joker Team:
The penultimate round of the Italian GT12 Series 2018 took place in Bolzano on the outdoor tarmac track of the local club (JokerTeam - Bolzano). With the weather finally cooperating, the race unfolded in beautiful sunshine and perfect racing conditions.The tight battle at the top of the overall ranking of the Series between Team Schumacher's Mattia Dall'Oca and Treerremodellismo's Alessandro Rampini added the perfect amount of drama to a race already characterized by very close competition.
The qualification rounds held during the morning saw Mattia imposing his pace from the getgo and registering the only 25-lap run seen during the day. Behind Mattia, local driver Alessandro Giubbilei (JokerTeam - Bolzano) was engaged in a very tight battle with Alessandro Rampini for P2 on the grid that finally resolved in favour of the former by just 0.5 seconds.
As the finals kicked off after the lunch break, Mattia showed impressive consistency and speed securing tone-to-tone wins in both A1 and A2 ahead of Alessandro Giubbilei (who won A3) and secured the second step on the podium. Several position changes saw the battle for P3 heats up between Alessandro Rampini, Johnny Orsolin (JokerTeam - Bolzano) and Roberto Rampini (Treerremodellismo), with Alessandro coming out on top by just 0.4 seconds in A3. The B finals saw a triplet of local drivers with Davide Manocchio winning, ahead of 11-year old Tobias Giovanelli and Kevin Semrock.
Securing the third win out of five rounds, Mattia Dall'Oca is the deserving Champion of the Italian GT12 Series 2018 with one round left to go. The Schumacher GP scheduled for September 16th at the indoor tarmac track of Angiolino Minispeedway in Remedello will incorporate the final round of a successful Series that saw the GT12 class grow impressively in Italy.
Round 5 Results (Top 5):
1. Mattia Dall’Oca (Team Schumacher) - Schumacher Atom CC
2. Alessandro Giubbilei (JokerTeam - Bolzano) - Schumacher Atom CC
3. Alessandro Rampini (Treerremodellismo) - Schumacher Atom CC
4. Johnny Orsolin (JokerTeam - Bolzano) - Schumacher Atom CC
5. Roberto Rampini (Treerremodellismo) - Schumacher Atom CC
OVERALL STANDINGS (Top 10) after 5 of 6 rounds (best 4 scores count):
1. Mattia Dall’Oca (Team Schumacher) - 599 points
2. Alessandro Rampini (Treerremodellismo) - 596 points
3. Roberto Rampini (Treerremodellismo) - 588 points
4. Alessandro Giubbilei (JokerTeam - Bolzano) - 587 points
5. Lorenzo Sandonini (Treerremodellismo) - 575 points
6. Claudio Giovanelli (JokerTeam - Bolzano) - 571 points
7. Federico Alberti (ASD Rivoli Racing) - 568 points
8. Johnny Orsolin (JokerTeam - Bolzano) - 436 points
9. Andrea Sartori (ASD Rivoli Racing) - 433 points
10. Lorenzo Crepaldi (JokerTeam - Bolzano) - 431 points