By Mike Garrison
From Pro-Line Racing Blog - by Matt Wolfe:
Building a Mud Truck?? Looking for a meatier tire?? Look to Pro-Line for all your Bigger, Badder, Tire needs! I started thinking about a Mud Truck and what I wanted it to be. I want something different than Monster Truck Tires and I wanted something wider than the standard 1.9″ Denali to pair with the massive Interco Bogger Tires. I decided to go with a custom deep dish 1.9″ Denali.
(Read the full blog post from Matt Wolfe on the Pro-Line Racing blog HERE)
So if you are looking to build a beefy tire, you will need the following:
- 4 Packs – Pro-Line Denali Rims (Part #2747-15)
- 2 Packs – Pro-Line Interco Bogger 1.9 Tires (Part #10133-14)
- 1 Bottle – Pro-Line Tire Glue (Part #6031-00)
- 1 Small box of picture frame nails
- 1 3/4″ Hole Saw
1. Take 4 of the Denali rims and bore out the center with 1-3/4″ Hole Saw. File your rough edges.Denali Rims
2. Removing the inner bead lock surface so the rim bases sit flush together. You want to remove the bead lock from the back of the bored out rim.
3. Using the Denali rims that have not been borded out. You want to remove the front bead lock surface. Take small picture frame nails and glue into every other bead lock screw hole. After glue has set and dried, go back and cut off nail leaving a 1/4″ remaining.
4. Take the 4 bored out Denali rims and match up flush with whole Denali rim. Matching up holes. Put a dab of glue on each nail before matching them up
5. Put a dab of glue around center seal and let them dry.
6. Assemble tires and bead locks as normal.