By Mike Garrison
Whether it's wheel nuts, wings, tools, tracks, trinkets and/or anything in between, the LiveRC staff gives their testimonial and review of each every Thursday morning!
Exotek Racing EB410 Bulkhead Saver Camber Plate
The Exotek Racing Bulkhead Saver Camber Plate is a machined 7075 option replacement part for the stock Tekno RC EB410 front camber plate. Exotek has incorporated two additional mounting points, by extending the camber plate downwards to use the upper two diff cover screws as well as the stock mounting points.
The design is intended to prevent breakage of the front bulkhead at the mounting point – as experienced by some racers. The new camber plate includes the longer M3 screws necessary for the additional mounting points through the front diff cover. This plate will fit with the stock plastic shock tower or the optional 4mm carbon fiber tower with no modifications necessary.
Comparison of the Exotek camber plate (top), and the stock Tekno RC camber plate (bottom).
- While there is little chance of breaking the stock camber plate itself, the Exotek camber plate provides a more durable appearance and overall feel.
- The camber link mounting points match stock geometry, so no setup changes to compensate for new mounting points are necessary.
- The backside of the camber plate is machined to sit snugly in place against the front diff cover, providing an excellent overall fit.
- Installation of the new Exotek camber plate is easy. Simply remove the camber links, 4 screws holding on the stock plate, and 2 upper screws in the front diff cover. Mount the new Exotek camber plate using the stock camber plate screws in the stock locations and using the included longer screws for the additional mounting point through the front diff cover.
- My EB410 has been well bashed and beaten on, but I have yet to break a front bulkhead since installing the Exotek Bulkhead Saver Camber Plate.
- Because the camber plate mounts through the diff cover, to remove the front diff you must loosen the camber plate screws as well.
- Excellent fit and finish.
- Matches stock geometry.
- Easy to install.
- Additional necessary mounting screws are included.
- Has prevented any front bulkhead breakage so far.
- Requires slightly more work to remove the front diff.
Exotek Racing has always been one of my “go-to” places for durability increasing option parts. It’s no secret that the EB410 is a very durable car, but even the most durable cars have “weak points”. After installing the Exotek Racing EB410 Bulkhead Saver Camber Plate my driving did not improve, meaning I crash just as much and just as hard as I did with the stock camber plate, however, since installing it I have yet to crack or break a front bulkhead – which means it has saved me time, money, and more importantly race finishes.
Rating: 5 out of 5