By Mike Garrison
Whether it's wheel nuts, wings, tools, tracks, trinkets and/or anything in between, the LiveRC staff gives their testimonial and review of each every Thursday morning!
OVONIC 7.4V 5000mAh 50C 2S LiPo Battery Pack
This is the new OVONIC 7.4V 5000mAh 50C 2S LiPo battery pack from Ampow. The battery features a hard case design with a 12-gauge pre-wired Deans (T-style) connector and JST-XH balance charge connector. It is rated with a 50C discharge and 100C max burst discharge rate. The battery is a standard “stick pack” with dimensions of 137mm x 45mm x 24mm and weighs in at 302 grams.
This OVONIC pack is ideal 1/10-scale off-road vehicles which use a full-length battery pack (such as short course trucks, monster trucks, and rock crawlers).
This battery pack provided ample run-time in our Traxxas 2wd Slash with a modified motor, and remains well balanced and consistent charge after charge.
Specifications (provided by Ampow):
- Brand: Ovonic
- Chemistry: Li-polymer
- Cells Number: 2S
- Voltage(V): 7.4V
- Capacity(mAh): 5000mAh
- Discharge: 50C
- Max Burst Discharge Rate (C): 100C
- Charge Plug: JST-XH
- Discharge Plug: Deans Plug
- Battery Weight(dev.20g): 302g
- Battery Dimension: 137x45x24mm
- Wire Gauge: AWG12#
- Wire Length(mm): 115mm
- Very reasonably priced at only $24.99.
- Plug and play with pre-wired connectors.
- Clear shrink-wrapped hard case design.
- Fits most 1/10-scale short course trucks, monster trucks, and rock crawlers.
- Balance plug has bulky protection clip that can make placement in the car difficult without removing it.
While this is not our first pick for serious competition, this battery pack works great for someone who is looking to go backyard bashing, upgrade from a NiMh battery pack, and/or looking for a budget friendly LiPo battery pack.
Rating: 5 out of 5