By Aaron Waldron
Press release from Reedy Race of Champions:
The Reedy Race is pleased to announce a unique opportunity for those racers that were not drawn in the lottery for the Open Class. On January 13, 2018 at 6pm OCRC will host a qualifying event where racers will vie for five additional spots in the Open Class and earn a position in to the Reedy International Off-Road Race of Champions. These five spots will be in addition to the original 100 drawn lottery entrants.
- Racers must compete in both 2WD and 4WD classes
- Two rounds of IFMAR qualifying
- The fastest times from each class will be added together
- Based upon the combined laps and times, the top five drivers will earn a spot in to the event
- OCRC rules apply
- Tire and additive combination is not controlled
- Entrants must be available and willing to compete in both 2WD and 4WD Open at the Reedy International Off-Road Race of Champions the following weekend
- Pre-entries accepted by phone or email at OCRC
- Entries limited to the first 40 paid entrants
- Entries close January 13, 2018
- "Race In To Reedy" entry fee collected by OCRC; $20.
- "Reedy International Off-Road Race of Champions" collected by Reedy Race Organizer; $200.
Please contact OCRC Raceway at (714) 892-6699 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to enter the "Race In To Reedy" or for questions regarding the event.