By Mike Garrison
Kyosho continues to tease with a new photo and part number (30048B) showing off the forthcoming Lazer ZX-7 1/10-scale 4wd buggy kit. No official details of the new car have been released, however, from just this photo noticeable changes from the ZX6.6 include new front arms, front shock tower, rear shock tower, and of course body. Stay tuned for more details as they arrive.
[UPDATE - 2:37PM]
Kyosho Europe has shared the first under the body shots of the ZX-7 via their Facebook page.
New features courtesy of Kyosho America:
- New Front Short gull-arm suspension allowing more grip: 2mm shorter and more durable. Front and rear are now both gull-arm type.
- Updated Front knuckle : Updated hole location.
- New front hub carrier : Bush insert adjustable - 7, 10, 13 degrees
- New Wide front suspension holder(both front and rear side)
- New rear upper bulkhead : The hole locations have been lowered for high grip surfaces.
- New wide rear suspension holder(Just rear side)
- New chassis : .7075 hard anodized aluminum chassis. 5mm thinner(2.5/2.0mm) allowing lighter weight with improved flex balance. October 2018
- New chassis brace : Low profile chassis brace bar which sits on top of the chassis allowing improved flex balance. Tuning options will be available.
- New floating steering servo mount
- New Body Shell : New body with center fins
- Front and rear gear diffs with new center slipper clutch. This setup is well balanced and will work well with high grip surfaces.
- Front lower shock tower
- New revised ackerman with more steering on the outer wheel.
- Wing and wing stay from the RB7
- Rear gullwing arm from the RB7
- Shock pistons : 2x1.6 for the front and 2x1.7 for the rear
- Shock caps from the RB7
- 74mm universal swing shafts for the front
- Joint rings for the universal swing shafts
- Pin retainer for the universal swing shafts