By Mike Garrison
XRAY has released the 2019 edition of the XB2D 1/10-scale 2wd buggy, which features a long list of new features included the "all-in-one concept" allowing for mid or front motor build option.
XRAY says, "New All-In-One concept offers great setup versatility to find the best configuration for any track condition. When grip is low, the mid motor position shifts weight to the rear tires for increased rear traction and stability. When track conditions improve and grip is up, the front motor position lowers CG and moves weight forward for increased steering and better corner speed."
New Features for 2019:
- All-in-one concept featuring front motor & mid motor build options included in the kit
- Includes both laydown and standup parts sets: gearboxes, motor upper brace, alu motor mounts, gear box idler gears, shock towers, rear roll center holders, gear covers and battery holders
- All-new shorter chassis for improved weight balance and improved traction
- All-new ultra-smooth ball diff increases traction & life time
- All-new multi-function rear upright helps to generate more traction & increase stability
- All-new longer rear arms for increased traction and consistency
- All-new RR suspension holder is compatible with both the new long arms and standard XB2 rear arms
- All-new longer rear driveshafts with 2.5mm pins for smoother operation
- All-new battery holder shifts electronics closer to the rear for better weight distribution in front motor configuration
- All-new 2-pads slipper for improved traction in low bite situations
- All-new Alpha 2 body for increased traction & stability
- All-new rear wing for increased traction
- Includes hard front steering block to improve handling
- Includes new rear wheels with deeper recess for wheel nuts
- Includes new composite chassis front guard from Hard material that increase stability of the car
- Includes new shorter composite front chassis side braces and soft graphite chassis guards
- Includes hard front suspension arms suitable for medium & high traction
- Includes hard front upper deck that makes the car more precise
- New greased ball-bearings for front steering blocks and rear uprights increase lifespan in dusty conditions.
- Revised shock absorber lower shims for more precise shock shaft movement