By Mike Garrison
Race Report from AKA:
It was a great weekend for the AKA race team. "The 4th" was with everyone at their respective events. We can start with one of AKA's newest drivers Jessica Palsson. She had a great weekend piloting her Kyosho buggy from P1 in the main event and taking the win at the Middle Swedish Cup Round one in Boras, Sweden. To top off a great event for Jessica, she also won the Best Junior as well. Well done Jessica!
Next was the Philippine Masters 2018 hosted by Dogbone Hobbies. This event was attended by Europe and Asia's best drivers. AKA's Davide Ongaro was there piloting his LRP powered Associated buggy and truggy to a 1st place in Pro Buggy and a second place in Pro Truggy. Davide almost put a lap on a field that included past and current world champions David Ronnefalk, Atsushi Hara and Robert Batlle. Great job Davide!
Last but not least the reboot of the Silver State Classic in Las Vegas, Nevada saw AKA team drivers Ryan Lutz, Jared Tebo and Greg Degani take home the wins in Pro eBuggy, Pro Nitro Truggy and both 40+ eBuggy and 40+ Nitro Buggy respectively.
Overall it was a dominant weekend for AKA tires on tracks all over the world. Below is what the drivers used to win their events
- Davide Ongaro - Super Soft Long Wear Double Downs (14019QRW)
- Jared Tebo - Soft Long Wear Impacts Truggy (14117ZRW)
- Ryan Lutz - Soft Long Wear Double Down fronts and SSLW Impact rears (14019QRW/14007QRW)
- Greg Degani - Super Soft Long Wear GridIron II (14013QRW)
- Greg Degani - Super Soft Long Wear Double Downs (14019QRW)
- Jessica Palsson - Soft Double Downs (14019SRW)