Press Release from Reds Racing:
We would like to inform everyone that Reds Racing 1/8 GEN2 Z8 Pro ESC is now available. The new ESC is the result of over a year of testing and development together with Reds Racing team drivers.
Power, control, high quality components and reliability are the foundation of Z8 Gen2 ESC.
- We have decided to improve both the power board and the control board with new components for higher reliability and durability and for better cooling.
- We have changed the fan polarity to make it compatible with 1/10 ZX esc and with other fans on the market.
- We have designed a new lightweight fan protector to improve fan blades reliability and increase cooling efficiency.
- Furthermore, we have developed a new 30mm OPTIONAL fan with ball bearings and a full aluminum case. The new Aluminum fan has been specifically developed to guarantee up to 28000 RPM and to dissipate heat in hot conditions and to improve durability. This fan is only sold separately as an optional part.The aluminum frame work adds strength to the assembly, helping protect the fan blades in the event of a crash. The 30mm aluminium fan has been developed for REDS 1-8 Z8 Gen1 ESC version and for Reds 1-10 ZX Pro Esc and 1-8 Z8 Gen2 Esc.
Z8 ESC Gen2 Main Features:
- High Reliability and Durability: The Z8 Gen2 Pro Esc is built with the best quality components.
- Excellent power feeling and control thanks to power and brake control curve algorithms.
- Excellent Braking characteristics for constant braking feeling at every speed.
- Real time signal translation: The signals from the receiver are translated into throttle control signals in real-time for fastest throttle control.
- Improved cooling: Three piece lightweight precision machined aluminum case with machined air ducts for improved cooling.
- High efficiency dual PCB design with high performance power board and ultra fast response digital control board
- Advanced Timing settings: two RPM based timing settings and one “Turbo” (full throttle) timing settings
- Switched BEC 6V and 7.4V: Easily switch between 6V and 7.4V BEC voltage for the best servo performance
- ABC motor wire order protection: in case of motor wire reversal, the ESC cannot be damaged