ADVERTISEMENT | ADVERTISE WITH US
Press Release From Schumacher:
Schumacher Icon – An innovative new approach to RC Formula.
After a long run of successes in multiple electric racing classes, including a double LMP12 World championship, Schumacher’s engineering team have applied their expertise to the formula class. The result is the Icon, an innovative new approach to RC Formula racing. The Icon is designed for maximum rear traction to make an easy to drive car, but maintains plenty of steering to satisfy the most demanding drivers. The Icon prototypes have been extensively tested and raced in the UK, Germany, and Italy, and have proved to be fast and agile. The Icon features all the adjustments you need to be dialled on both carpet and asphalt tracks.
Icon Feature List
- Full length carbon fibre chassis for increased cornering predictability and improved rear traction suspension system.
- Carefully increased longitudinal stiffness using a combination of topdeck and side brace design.
- Unique wing mounting position for optimum wing performance.
- Fully adjustable front end (Wheelbase, track width, ride height, toe, camber, caster, damping, bump steer and ackermann).
- Unique rear differential design, using our 1/12 design and special hex clamps to achieve simplified diff tension setting. Differential can also be used in Eclipse range of cars!
- Super quick and fully adjustable castor using digital caliper or steel rule, and castor chart in the manual.
- Damper tube style rear damping for bump riding and cornering performance. Unique, big bore design capable of managing large bumps and much longer lasting damping, using larger capacity of oil.
- Hollow and lightweight steel rear diff axle included. U4854 Carbon diff axle can be used for further weight reduction.
- Lipo mounting using o-ring fixing with easy loop over design. Catering for wide range of ‘Shortie’ type LiPo shapes and sizes.
- Compatible with Core-RC CR721 Solid axle design.
- Aluminium servo mounts
- Thread inserts make working on the car quick and simple.
- Rotationally balanced left rear wheel clamp.
- Lightweight independent roll and bump springs with low centre of gravity.
- Ultra-low motor position.
- Lightweight low centre of gravity CNC alloy rear transmission housings.
- Adjustable anti-squat and pro squat, independent of droop setting.
- Ultra-balanced rear pod assembly.
- 88t 64dp Kimbrough high efficiency spur as standard (options available + industry standard).
- Full range of optional springs, front, side and rear.
- Fully adjustable body mounting system.
- Optimised steering geometry for precise handling.
- Chassis balance pivot holes. For use with U3582 pivot set. To optimise left/right weight distribution.
- Slotted centre pivot design to prevent binding, with adjustment screw to ensure zero unwanted free movement.
- Extra low rear roll centre.
- Rear tweak adjustment via side springs.
- Adjustable rear ride height using interchangeable inserts with improved fitment (0.25mm increments).
- Adjustable front ride height using optional slide in alloy spacers. (0.25mm increments).
- Lightweight rear droop adjustment.
- High tensile steel hex screws used throughout.
- High quality easy to follow instruction manual.
- Mon-Tech front and rear wings included in the kit.
- Accepts a huge range of industry standard body shells, motors, batteries, servos and speed controllers.
- Speed Secret - Mass damper for front and rear.
- Speed Secret - -6mm track width camber strap offers huge track width shift with only one new part.
ADVERTISEMENT | ADVERTISE WITH US