By Mike Garrison
Press Release from XRAY:
Based on its ultra-successful predecessor, XRAY proudly presents the new RX8E. The new electric kit incorporates the latest improvements and refinements of the RX8 platform developed by the team and race-proven in high-competition races around the world.
With attention to the smallest details and a mandate to simplify servicing of the car, the all-new RX8E features cross-platform compatibility to ensure you can use the same car platform for both nitro and electric powered version making it either RX8 or RX8E. Most of the parts between RX8 and RX8E are fully compatible.
2019 All-new Features:
- All-new narrower chassis with new rear end geometry improves traction
- All-new lower rear suspension holders shift the rear arms 2.5mm inward for improved geometry
- All-new steel extension plates for the rear suspension arms update the shock mounting geometry to work with the new narrow inner pivot location
- All-new rear shock tower and upper arm holders to work with narrower rear bulkhead positions
- New extended rear steel turnbuckles and upper ball joints to work with new narrow rear end
- New longer rear pivot balls combined with the narrower inner pivot location update the rear suspension geometry for improved traction
- All-new rear solid axle shaft and composite pulley for the new narrow rear end configuration
- All-new front and rear bulkheads redesigned to work with new composite anti-roll bar bushings to extend the life of the bulkheads and eliminate unwanted play
- All-new anti-roll bar adapters with less play
- All-new front and rear wire anti-roll bars