By Mike Garrison
As the ROAR 1/8 Off-Road Electric Nationals get under way, XRAY announces the official release of their new XT8E Electric 1/8-scale Truggy Kit.
Press Release from XRAY:
Based on the ultra-successful XT8 platform, XRAY proudly presents the new XT8E. The new electric kit incorporates the latest improvements and refinements of the XT8 platform developed by the team and race-proven in the high-competition races around the world.
With attention to the smallest details and a mandate to simplify servicing of the car, the all-new XT8E features cross-platform compatibility to ensure you can use the same car platform for both nitro and electric powered version making it either XT8 or XT8E. Most of the parts between XT8 and XT8E are fully compatible.
- All-new front suspension geometry featuring new C-hubs and steering blocks
- All-new new zero king pin steering block with exchangeable steering plates for Ackermann adjustment
- All-new front and rear CVD drive shafts
- All-new chassis design is now fully compatible between XT8 & XT8E platforms
- All-new rear shock tower redesigned to fit the new wing mount and gearbox brace
- 40% lighter wing mount for super-low CG with new mounting locations
- All-new rear uprights with 8x16x5mm outer ball-bearings for increased reliability and lifespan
- 2.6mm front anti-roll bar improved corner speed
- All-new softer ribbed shock membranes
CLICK HERE for the full XRAY XT8E Online Presentation!