By Mike Garrison
Race Report from 702 RC Raceway:
Over 100 of the Fastest RC Racers Attend 702 RC Raceway’s Third Annual King of Carpet Off-Road Race!
Las Vegas, NV., September 30th, 2018 / 702 RC Raceway recently relocated to 6875 Speedway Blvd. held its 3rd annual King of Carpet Off-Road Radio Control Championship on Saturday September 29th and Sunday September 30th. The 2-day event sponsored by TLR Racing and Mad Town Vapor brought in some of the fastest racers from around the United States to compete for the prestigious tittle King of Carpet!
After 11,854 laps of racing, the results crowed the 2018 Kings (And Queen!) of Carpet:
- Novice – Caprice Kaufmann
- Sportsman 2WD Short Course – Rick Smith
- Expert 2WD Short Course – Oscar Spratley
- 13.5 Stadium Truck – Nethaniel Vandermolen
- 40+ 2WD Buggy – Chris Champlin
- Sportsman 17.5 2WD Buggy – Geoffrey Keyser
- Expert 17.5 2WD Buggy – Matthew Gonzalez
- 13.5 4WD Buggy - Nick Sava
- Open 4WD Buggy – Broc Champlin
- Sportsman 2WD Buggy – DJ Robertson
- Expert 2WD Buggy – Blake Champlin
Dwayne and Patricia Battie, owners of 702 RC Raceway, state, "We are very excited about the turn-out for our first big race in our new facility and are thankful to everyone who participated to make it a success. The atmosphere was phenomenal with the racers, their family members, the spectators; everyone had a great time and that’s what it’s all about for us. We’re looking forward to the future and hosting even larger events at 702 RC Raceway.”
Make plans to join us next year for the 4th Annual 2019 King of Carpet! Will you enter and become the next King or Queen of Carpet Champion? Stay tuned!