By Tyler Hooks
Race report from Joker Team:
The beautiful permanent track of ASD Rivoli Racing located near the shores of Lake Garda played host to the fourth round of the Italian GT12 Series 2018. With the weather finally cooperating after several rainy weekends in a row, race conditions were perfect with air temperatures reaching 33°C during the afternoon, while track temperatures soared to 54° during the finals.
After having missed Round 3 due to an unfortunate injury, Mattia Dall’Oca (Team Schumacher) came back more determined than ever taking control of the field already from Q1 and achieving, by the end of the day, a Grand Chelem (pole position, fastest lap and race win).
Beside Mattia, the three Qualification rounds held during the morning saw Alessandro Rampini (Treerremodellismo) showing a strong pace which was ultimately worth P2 on the A-mains’ grid, closely followed by Ivan Milesi (Treerremodellismo).
The very high temperatures reached in the afternoon proved to be challenging for drivers battling on one side with finding the right tyre compound and, on the other, with keeping motor temperatures in check.
Both A1 and A2 saw Mattia tone-to-tone wins, with Alessandro closely following and securing the overall second place with a win in A3. Ivan was a comfortable third overall.
The Series will next move to Bolzano (outdoor - asphalt) for Round 5 on July 22nd, 2018.
Round 4 Results (Top 5):
1. Mattia Dall’Oca (Team Schumacher) - Schumacher Atom CC
2. Alessandro Rampini (Treerremodellismo) - Schumacher Atom CC
3. Ivan Milesi (Treerremodellismo) - Schumacher Atom CC
4. Roberto Rampini (Treerremodellismo) - Schumacher Atom CC
5. Andrea Sartori (ASD Rivoli Racing) - Schumacher Atom CC
OVERALL STANDINGS (Top 10) after 4 of 6 rounds (best 4 scores count):
1. Alessandro Rampini (Treerremodellismo) - 595 points
2. Roberto Rampini (Treerremodellismo) - 588 points
3. Alessandro Giubbilei (Jokerteam - Bolzano) - 582 points
4. Mattia Dall’Oca (Team Schumacher) - 449 points
5. Lorenzo Sandonini (Treerremodellismo) - 434 points
6. Lorenzo Crepaldi (Jokerteam - Bolzano) - 431 points
7. Claudio Giovanelli (Jokerteam - Bolzano) - 429 points
7. Fabrizio Dall'Oca (Jokerteam - Bolzano) - 429 points
9. Federico Alberti (ASD Rivoli Racing) - 424 points
10. Johnny Orsolin (Jokerteam - Bolzano - 289 points