Italian Series GT12 R5 Result
Monday, Jul 15, 2019 10:15am
By Tyler Hooks
Race report from Joker Team:
The penultimate round of the Italian GT12 Series 2019 took place at the outdoor asphalt track of Reggio Emilia RC Team.
During the morning's qualifiers Mattia Dall'Oca (Team Schumacher) showed impressive speed and consistency that were ultimately worth the overall TQ, the fastest lap of the day and the only 21-lap run registered during the whole race. Behind Mattia it was an hard fought battle between Alessio Mota (Team Schumacher), Luca Tassinari (QuelliDelModellismoRC) and Series' leader Alessandro Rampini (Treerremodellismo). A clean Q3 run from Alessio was enough to secure P2 on the grid for the finals.
As track temperatures soared in the afternoon, driving conditions changed, mixing things up for the Mains. Alessio Mota emerged as the driver who was able to capitalise the most from such change: after taking the lead in both A1 and A2, Alessio never looked back and finally secured his third win of this year's Series. Struggling a bit with pace and after two unfortunate collisions with backmarkers Mattia had to settle with second place, ahead of a well-deserving Luca Tassinari at his first appearence on a long overdue podium.
In the B-mains, 6-years old Alberto Rossetti (Minicar Fontanellato) impressed viewers once again with his amazing driving skills that were ultimately worth the win, ahead of teammate and young gun Alex Cresti (Minicar Fontanellato) and Riccardo Arcolini (ASD Rivoli Racing).
The Series moves next to the final round, which will be incorporated in the Schumacher GP to be held in Bolzano at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel on August 31st / September 1st 2019. A great location for a Gran Finale of a successful and growing Italian GT12 Series.
Round 5 Results (Top 5):
1. Alessio Mota (Team Schumacher) - Schumacher Atom CC
2. Mattia Dall’Oca (Team Schumacher)- Schumacher Atom CC
3. Luca Tassinari (QuelliDelModellismoRC) - Schumacher Atom CC
4. Alessandro Rampini (Treerremodellismo) - Schumacher Atom CC
5. Alessandro Giubbilei (A. S. D. Jokerteam Bolzano) - Schumacher Atom CC
OVERALL STANDINGS (Top 10) after 5 of 6 rounds (best 5 scores count):
1. Alessandro Rampini (Treerremodellismo) - 731 points
2. Luca Tassinari (QuelliDelModellismoRC) - 730 points
3. Alessandro Giubbilei (A. S. D. Jokerteam Bolzano) - 722 points
4. Riccardo Arcolini (A. S. D. Rivoli Racing) - 694 points
5. Andrea Sartori (A. S. D. Rivoli Racing) - 687 points
6. Alessio Mota (Team Schumacher) - 598 points
7. Mattia Dall'Oca (Team Schumacher) - 597 points
8. Roberto Rampini (Treerremodellismo) - 581 points
9. Luca Rampini (Treerremodellismo) - 563 points
10. Alessio Tolomelli (Team Schumacher) - 447 points
Source: "GT12 Italia”