By LiveRC Staff
Whether it's wheel nuts, wings, tools, tracks, trinkets and/or anything in between, the LiveRC staff gives their testimonial and review of each every Thursday morning!
JConcepts RM2 Products
JConcepts RM2 Differential Lube $6.00
JConcepts RM2 Heavy Metal Grease $10.25
JConcepts RM2 Bronze Medium Bearing Lubricant $6.79
Since these were released we at LiveRC definitely wanted the opportunity to try the RM2 products and put them to the test. These three products are pretty much all you need for maintinence for the most part. We did a couple of different builds and rebuilds on different applications from 2wd buggy to 1/8th scale nitro just to see how the products stood up.
We used the Heavy Metal Grease for CVD's and differential gears. The differential lube is a version of the clear lube used for ball differentials, and finally two small drops of Medium Beraing Lubricant were applied to every bearing.
We kept these products in the pit box for over a month just to see how often we would use them if given the opportunity. They fit nicely and proved very useful for every visit to the track.
- These products are very compact and fit easily into any pit box.
- All of the RM2 products are very reasonably priced.
- The Bearing Oil provided longevity to all of the bearings we used it on.
- The Heavy Metal Grease didn't break down in high heat or long mains in the way other similar products do. It proved to last longer in those situations such as long nitro mains.
- The differential lube seems to be a little thicker as far as clear greases go. This creates a more consistent ball differential for a longer amount of time.
- The Bearing Oil Leaked a little bit in the pit box.
If you want to do a bunch of research and spend a lot of money trying to find where Maifield and JConcepts sourced these products we are sure you could find them. We aren't saying they aren't already available products, but JConcepts did all the hard work for you and provided them in very useful and compact packages. These products work great, look great, and are a welcome addition to our pitboxes.
Beacon Rating: 5 / 5